Funding and Governance:
UCD Foundation is committed to the highest standard of governance and to full compliance with the Charities Act 2009 and Companies Act 2014. The Board is satisfied that UCD Foundation is compliant with the Charity Regulator’s Governance Code and have formally adopted the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
The annual accounts of UCD Foundation are prepared in accordance with the Charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice) and are published annually.
UCD Foundation Board members and the Chairman of the Board are volunteers and donate freely of their time, skills and experience.
UCD Foundation compliance with fundraising guidelines
UCD Foundation is committed to the highest standards in fundraising. Please see below how we are achieving this.
Public Compliance Statement:
- UCD Foundation is fully committed to complying with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public which was developed by the Charities Regulator. The Guidelines were formally discussed and adopted at a meeting of the Board of Directors on 15 June 2021.
- UCD Foundation confirms its commitment to the Principles set out in the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public and will include a statement to that effect in its annual report from 2021 onwards.
- UCD Foundation carries out all its activities in accordance with a donor charter which is consistent with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
- UCD Foundation regularly monitors compliance with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public and compliance reports are received regularly by the Board of Directors.
- UCD Foundation considers the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public when planning all fundraising activity.
- UCD Foundation provides honest, open, accountable and transparent disclosure in all its fundraising activities.
- UCD Foundation has appointed a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
- UCD Foundation ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public and its implementation.
- UCD Foundation has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public. Feedback and complaints are recorded for review by relevant staff including the Board of Directors. Feedback and complaints are responded to promptly and appropriately.
- UCD Foundation prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 and the Charities Regulator which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- UCD Foundation ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
- UCD Foundation is accessible to the public through a number of readily available contact options.
The purpose of these guidelines is to:
- Improve fundraising practice;
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public;
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
Anyone fundraising on behalf of UCD Foundation must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e., volunteers, employees or third-party agents.
UCD Foundation Fundraising Donor Charter
UCD Foundation has a long and distinguished history of support from donors who share its belief in the importance of excellence in teaching and research.
The Foundation’s future success increasingly depends on the generosity of alumni and friends to help the University achieve its goals, and the Foundation is committed to developing a relationship of mutual trust and respect with all its supporters.
As a charitable organisation seeking donations from alumni and friends, UCD Foundation aims to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public. We commit to being accountable and transparent in order for supporters and prospective supporters to have complete confidence and trust in UCD Foundation. We promise we will effectively direct your gifts to us towards their intended purposes.
UCD Foundation’s commitment to supporters and prospective supporters
As a supporter of UCD Foundation, we will ensure that you shall:
- Be treated with honesty, openness and respect.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Have easy access to UCD Foundation’s most recent published financial statements.
- Be assured your donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Expect that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Be advised of UCD Foundation’s mission, and of the way UCD Foundation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on UCD Foundation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Expect that all interactions with individuals representing UCD Foundation will be professional.
- Have easy access to the agreed feedback and complaints procedures.
- Provide the opportunity for any names to be removed from contact lists.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of UCD Foundation.
If you have feedback, a complaint, or a query about the work of UCD Foundation, you can contact us in writing, via email or by telephone at:
UCD Foundation, Room 102, Tierney Building, Belfield, Dublin 4;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 01 7161478
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.