Alumni Relations Assistant
University College Dublin Foundation
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement activities to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
To support the work of the Alumni Relations team, and to contribute to its ongoing success, UCD Foundation is seeking to recruit an Alumni Relations Assistant. This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, resourceful, creative and diligent individual to join a highly regarded and successful team.
The Alumni Relations Assistant with will have responsibility for administrative support for the Alumni Development office, manage the Alumni Services/Benefits Programme and provide support for event management and alumni communications.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Alumni Relations, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for general queries from alumni
- Manage and build the Alumni Services/Benefits Programme
- Support the Associate Director with the annual alumni magazine – UCD Connections
- Provide general administrative support to the office
- Support reunions and events managed by the Alumni Relations Office.
The Alumni Relation Assistant will proactively liaise with members of the Development and Alumni Relations team, relevant UCD Units, Colleges and Schools to support an annual programme of activity, events and communications helping to build and strengthen lifelong relationships between UCD and its 269,000 alumni worldwide.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Be the primary point of contact for general queries from alumni and the UCD Alumni Development Office
- Manage the main reception area of UCD Alumni Development Office
- Manage the main UCD Alumni inbox and phone line and ensure timely response to queries
- Provide general administrative support to the office which will include finance related duties including management of eProcurement
Alumni Services/Benefits programme (which includes library access):
- Manage and build the Alumni Services/Benefits programme including all communications
- Ensure Alumni Library Cards – purchased online and in person – are issued in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Data team to develop methods of automating data transfer from the online software to the CRM
- Liaise with the UCard Office, UCD Library, IT and various departments in UCD to ensure efficient management of the programme
- Financial management and transfer of all fees in conjunction with UCD Alumni Finance.
UCD Connections Magazine
- Support the Associate Director with the production of the annual alumni magazine – UCD Connections
- Gathering content
- Proofing and editing
- Data segmentation for distribution of the magazine to alumni worldwide
- Engaging with alumni, and faculty and staff on feature and interview pieces
- Updating the CRM to ensure all activity is captured in a timely manner
As a member of the team, the Assistant will support events and special projects as run by the Alumni Relations Team to ensure delivery of all alumni related activities.
They will also be expected to collaborate closely with Regular Giving and Development colleagues to increase financial support from alumni.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A background in alumni relations, event management and/or communications, office management, data control
- 1 year’s relevant experience working in a busy environment utilising digital communications
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage several competing projects at a time while communicating frequently and concisely with managers and stakeholders
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative in a busy working environment
- Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
- Strong computer skills including online platforms – events, email, networks and databases
- A degree in a relevant discipline
Salary scale €23k-€30k. The Alumni Relations Assistant will report to the Associate Director of UCD Alumni Relations.
Apply with CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Final closing date for applications: 5.30 p.m. on Friday 16 November 2018.